Hello All. This is our outpost on the web to try and keep our far flung family and friends posted on our family happenings.

Communicate....

....e-mail us, tell us what you are doing, reconnect. Write David on david@massivegroup.com or Tina on christina@massivegroup.com, and also visit our company website on www.massivegroup.com

Sunday, September 13, 2009

80's Prom Night 40th Birthday Bash

David and the 'prom committee' have worked tirelessly for months and the event that unfolded on Saturday, September 12th was beyond any expectations that I had for my 40th birthday bash! About 100 guests were there to witness Mum and Dad's house transformed into a high school gymnasium. Every aspect of the decor was executed perfectly - from the corsages given to all the girls, the Prom Queen's locker and the boys and girls bathrooms complete with graffiti, Drakkar Noir and 80's Sex Symbol posters. Pop up videos were playing, 80's music was jamming, and guests really got into costume. After prizes for best 80's, best couple, crowning of the King and Queen, and the birthday cake, faux Ray Bans were handed out while Cory Hart's track "I Wear my Sunglasses at Night" blared from the speakers, and the dance floor was once again filled to capacity. The party was rocking until 2am. Rachel and Steven flew in for the bash, and I got the the biggest surprise of all when Wendy and Sylvie, my University friends and Sorority sisters, appeared at my door on the eve of the party (my actual birthday). They had been scheming with David for months to coordinate the perfect surprise. Wendy flew in from Virginia and Sylvie from Florida on Friday afternoon and stayed out of sight until they appeared at my door that evening for dinner. My 40th birth-month was truly beyond. I had such a great time celebrating with the people I love. 40 definitely was done in style. In lieu of gifts I asked that friends donate to one of my two charities of choice : Cayman HospiceCare or Cayman Islands Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Friends were very generous and I am pleased to report that both charities received sizable donations. Prom Chairman and Prom King : David ... Prom Committee : Diana Joseph, Lisa Uggeri, Lisa Burke, Nancy Barnard, Mum, and from overseas, Rachel Hart ... Official Photographer : Rebecca Davidson of Picture This ... DJ: Lester of One World ... Caterers : Mise en Place ... Bar Service : Barnes Bartending Service ... Decor : Massive Equipment, Dara Pereira, and the fabulous Prom Committee ...

No comments: